Skål Club of the Year
Skål International, with more than 13439 members, entailing of industry’s Managers and Executives, meet at Local, National, Regional and International levels to do business among friends throughout more than 343 Skål Clubs along 103 countries.
Skål International annually convenes the Skål International Club of the Year Award, aimed at public recognition of those clubs that have stood out for their activity inside and outside the organisation, as well as for their work under the values of Skål International.
The Skål International Club of the Year Award will be governed by the following rules:
All Skål Clubs worldwide that meet all the requirements listed below. Headquarters will carry on a thorough revision to determine the eligible Clubs each year, who will be invited to participate in the Skål Club of the Year Award.
1. Payment of annual membership fees received at Headquarters, making sure the name of those members renewing is confirmed before 31 March of current year.
2. Net increase of 10% in membership or a minimum of 10 new members for Clubs with more than 100 members (from 1 April 2019 to 30 April of current year).
3. Voting delegate at two Skål World Congresses in the past five years.
4. Contribution to the Florimond Volckaert Fund or the Membership Development Fund, through donations or vouchers for the Raffle or Silent Auction (from 1 January 2019 to 30 April of current year).
5. That the Club has a website for external communications
6. That the Club is active in at least one social media platform such as Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
The eligible Clubs will be invited to produce a maximum two minute video (preferably published on YouTube), outlining their achievements, initiatives, activities, etc. undertaken during the last year. The videos must be received at not later than 31 July of current year.
Each Club worldwide, including the nominees, will be invited to vote electronically for the Club they consider should be declared winner and will be allowed to vote for a Club in its own country.
Senior Vice President, Junior Vice President and Senior Director will make up a panel of judges to represent the Executive Committee and each of them will vote individually.
If a Club from a country of one of the Vice Presidents and/or Senior Director is among the Clubs nominated to compete, another Director(s), in order of seniority, will deputise.
Clubs will determine 60% of the votes while the Executive Committee will determine 40%.
The Club receiving the highest joint score will be declared ‘Skål Club of the Year’.
The name of the winner will be announced during the Opening Ceremony of the annual Skål World Congress. The Club winner will receive the Michael O’Flynn Perpetual Trophy and a certificate valid for a free Double Congress registration in First Class for the next Skål World Congress, airfare excluded.
Timeline 2020 Skål Club of the Year
Deadline for submission of videos to Headquarters.
August 1ST to September 30TH
Online voting by all Clubs.
Official announcement of the ‘Skål Club of the Year 2020’ winner.